Paleo Breakfast Sweet Potato Bowl
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 1 small to medium-sized broccoli head, or 2 cups riced broccoli
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato and pumpkin, cubed
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Grass-Fed Ghee
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- Salt and chili flakes to taste
- Roughly chop the broccoli, then add to a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. If you have pre-riced broccoli, skip this step.
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Crack each egg separately into small bowls or ramekins.
- While water reaches a boil, heat a frying pan on medium heat. Add ghee and allow to melt. When pan has heated, add broccoli rice and spring onion and stir through until cooked to your liking. Set aside in a bowl.
- Re-heat the same pan and add pumpkin and sweet potato to warm through.
- While starches re-heat, prepare poached eggs. Reduce boiling water to a simmer and add vinegar. Stir the water to create a whirlpool, then add eggs one at a time. Cook for 5 minutes, or until whites are set. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Remove sweet potato and pumpkin from the pan and spoon into a serving bowl.
- Add broccoli rice to the side, then top with poached eggs.
- Add avocado slices, sprinkle with salt and chili flakes to taste, and serve.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 615
- Fat: 42.4g
- Saturated Fat: 20.9g
- Cholesterol: 397mg
- Salt: 228mg
- Carbs: 47.5g
- Fiber: 13gg
- Sugar: 14.7g
- Net Carbs: 34.5g
- Protein: 20.8g
- Vitamin D: 31mcg
- Calcium: 178mg
- Iron: 9mg
- Potassium: 1463mg