Paleo Steak And Sweet Potato Bites
Start to Finish: 1 hour (20 minutes active)
- One 10-ounce grass-fed New York strip
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed ghee
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into 10 medallions
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, sliced into 1/2-inch steaks
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add potatoes and cauliflower side by side in a roasting pan, drizzle with avocado oil, and roast for 40 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet on low to medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of ghee. While your skillet heats, salt both sides of the steak liberally and pat dry.
- Cook steak for 3-4 minutes, or until juice begins to pool on the top of the steak. Flip your steak, add rosemary and thyme, and then cook for another 3 minutes while basting the ghee in the pan over the top of the steak.
- Remove steak from the pan, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove cauliflower steaks from the oven and run them through a blender or food processor until fluffy and creamy.
- Add 2 tablespoons of melted ghee to the mixture as the food processor runs. Add a teaspoon of water at a time, as needed, until cauliflower reaches a mashed-potato consistency.
- Slice meat into 10 pieces.
- Assemble sliders: Layer roasted sweet potatoes with a dollop of mashed cauliflower and top with a piece of steak.
Makes: Serves 10
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 143
- Protein: 7g
- Carbs: 6.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugar: 1.6g
- Net carbs: 5.4g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 22.5mg
- Salt: 33.2mg
- Potassium: 150mg
- Vitamin A: 9%
- Vitamin C: 21%
- Iron: 46%