Paleo Pizookie – Homemade Skillet Cookie
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (may substitute chocolate or vanilla flavors)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ceylon cinnamon
- 1 pasture raised egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons Brain Octane Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sprouted almond butter (may substitute raw almond butter, or soaked cashew nut butter)
- 1/2 cup dark 90% chocolate chips (may substitute cacao nibs)
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the base of an 8-inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- In a blender, add all wet ingredients and blend for 1 minute. Transfer the mixture to a wide mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, sieve coconut and tapioca flours. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until a dough forms. Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips and fold through.
- Add pizookie dough to the skillet. Use the back of a spoon to spread the dough to the edges of the pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over the pizookie.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides begin to puff and the top is set and starting to turn golden. Check your pizookie around the 10-minute mark, since it can overcook quickly and lose its golden color.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Serve warm with paleo or keto ice cream, or fresh organic berries.
Makes: Serves 4
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 446
- Protein: 14.4g
- Carbs: 30.1g
- Fiber: 9.3g
- Sugar: 11.8g
- Net Carbs: 20.8g
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Polyunsaturated: 6g
- Monounsaturated: 17g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
- Salt: 345mg
- Potassium: 508mg
- Vitamin A: 137mg
- Vitamin E: 9.5mg
- Vitamin K: 2ug
- Calcium: 160mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Zinc: 2mg