Paleo Flatbread With Artichoke Dip
Start to Finish: 45 minutes (10 minutes active)
- 1 cup of almond flour
- 1/8 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup of full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil or Grass-Fed Ghee, plus more or frying
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil mayo (recipe)
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated sweet potato
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix almond flour, arrowroot flour, turmeric, sea salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and coconut milk together. Add to dry mixture.
- Grease a cast iron skillet with avocado oil or ghee and pour the flatbread batter into the skillet. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While flatbread bakes, prepare artichoke dip: In a blender, blend avocado mayo, artichoke hearts, and lemon juice until smooth.
- After 25 minutes, remove flatbread from the oven. Spread artichoke dip over the top and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- While flatbread bakes, add a small amount of ghee to a frying pan. Add sweet potatoes and fry until cooked through, 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and garnish with parsley and sweet potato shreds.
Makes: Serves 4
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 354
- Protein: 10g
- Carbs: 16g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Sugar: 2g
- Net Carbs: 10.5g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Salt: 645mg
- Potassium: 34mg
- Vitamin A: 4mg
- Vitamin C: 6mg
- Iron: 11mg