Paleo Mixed Berry Cobbler
Start to Finish: 60 minutes (15 minutes active)
- 1/2 cup organic raspberries
- 1/2 cup organic blackberries
- 2 scoops collagen protein
- 4 teaspoons birch xylitol or erythritol (keto), raw honey (paleo) or MitoSweet
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Grass-Fed Ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground ceylon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, add berries and water to warm through.
- When warmed, add collagen and sweetener to the berry mix and stir until both have dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, add macadamia nuts and pulse briefly. Make sure to leave some chunks.
- In a mixing bowl, add crushed macadamia nuts, shredded coconut, almond flour, coconut flour, and cinnamon.
- Spoon the berry mixture into the bottom of two oven-safe dishes. Top with nut mixture, then drizzle the melted ghee on top.
- Bake berry cobbler for 45 minutes. If desired, broil for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until the topping is crisp and golden.
Makes: Serves 2
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Protein: 28g
- Carbs: 25g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 7g
- Sugar Alcohols: 8g
- Net Carbs: 7g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Salt: 184mg
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Potassium: 199mg
- Iron: 11%
- Calcium: 14%
- Magnesium: 30%
- Vitamin A: 12%
- Vitamin C: 11%