Low-Carb Paleo Herb & Almond Flour Crackers
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (100g) almond flour
- 1/8 cup + 1 teaspoon (20g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon (7g) golden flax seeds, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup (40g) tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon (10g) cassava flour
- 1 tablespoon Grass-Fed Ghee, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Onion powder, to taste
- Dried herbs and spices to taste, such as parsley, turmeric, sage
- 4 tablespoons water, or more as needed
- Maldon salt flakes to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, process almond flour, sunflower seeds, tapioca, cassava flour, salt, herbs and spices until finely ground.
- Add oil and water, and process until combined and a moist crumbly dough forms. If needed, remove dough from the processor, mix by hand, and add more water.
- On a large silicone mat, add dough and shape into a rectangle. Cover in parchment and roll flat, sprinkling with any extra herbs or spices if desired and rolling again so they stick. Roll dough until it is about 3mm thick. Thin is good! If dough becomes too dry, add more water, mix well, then roll out again.
- Cut dough with a hexagonal cutter (or a knife) and add to a perforated baking tray lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Time will vary depending on the thickness of your crackers, oven, and baking tray.
- Cool crackers fully and serve. Store leftovers in a covered container in a cool, dry place.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 75
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated Fat: .5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 60mg
- Carbs: 5.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: .5g
- Net Carbs: 4g
- Protein: 2g
- Calcium: 20mg
- Potassium: 20mg