Paleo Sweet Potato Nachos
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 2 sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
- 600 grams ground lamb
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp. tomato paste (no added salt)
- 1 Tbsp. bone broth powder (optional)
- Handful of coriander leaves or parsley, chopped
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- Lemon or lime juice, to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp. quality olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil for shallow frying
Tip: For next-level guacamole, use Brain Octane MCT oil instead of olive oil.
- Preheat a frying pan with some coconut oil. Add the onion and sauté until golden brown. Then add the ground lamb and begin to brown.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomato, spring onion, taco seasoning, bone broth powder (if using), coriander or parsley and garlic and stir through. Allow this to simmer and thicken while you begin shallow frying the sweet potato chips.
- Heat a large frying pan with some coconut oil. Working in batches, begin to shallow fry the sweet potato slices until golden brown and crispy. Carefully remove them from the pan once they’re ready. Place them onto a lined tray to drip-dry. Continue cooking all of the sweet potato chips.
- Check the ground lamb. Give it a stir to prevent the bottom from sticking to the pan.
- In a small bowl, add the chopped avocado, lemon or lime juice, salt to taste and a drizzle of quality olive oil (or MCT oil) and stir to combine.
- Once the chips are all cooked and the mince is nice and thick, remove it from the heat and begin plating. Garnish with some fresh coriander or parsley. Serve and enjoy.
Makes: 4 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 517
- Protein: 39.9g
- Carbs: 22.8g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Fat: 30.9g
- Saturated Fat: 14.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 213mg