Paleo Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
- 2 heaped cups blanched organic almond meal
- 2-3 tbsp grass-fed Bulletproof Ghee or butter
- 3 tbsp Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- 1/2 – 3/4 block of Bulletproof Chocolate or other dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup of birch tree-sourced xylitol or Lakanto
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 6 drops high quality peppermint essential oil (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F. Grease and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Add the almond meal, collagen, 1/3 cup sweetener of your choice, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar directly on top of the baking powder and allow it to react (it will go fizzy).
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and stir to combine evenly.
- Taste the dough and add a little more sweetness or peppermint oil to taste if desired.
- Begin rolling the mixture into balls and place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Press the balls as flat as you like, they won’t rise much, so if you like them softer and chewier keep them quite full. However, if you like a crunchier cookie, press them quite flat using your hands to shape them. Sprinkle or press a little extra chocolate on top of each cookie.
- Place the cookies in the and allow them to cool. Store in an airtight container when completely cooled.
Makes: 10-12 cookies
Nutritional Information (1 cookie):
- Calories: 128
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Sodium: 38mg
- Total Carbs: 4.7g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4g
- Sugars: .6g
- Sugar Alcohols: .67g
- Net Carbs: 1.6g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 1%
- Calcium 5%
- Iron 10%