Low-Carb Vegetarian Ramen
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free red curry paste, or chili-infused oil (ingredients below)
- 2 cups full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil (exclude if preparing chili-infused oil)
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup large shredded rainbow carrots
- 1 cup halved brussel sprouts, halved
- 4 pastured eggs
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Fresh lime juice or cilantro to garnish
Chili-infused oil ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil.
- While water begins boiling, prepare chili-infused oil (if using). Heat oil in a small pan on medium heat. When hot, add chili flakes and gently sizzle for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When water is boiling, add coconut milk and spices and reduce heat to medium.
- Add cabbage, carrots, and brussels sprouts, plus coconut oil and curry paste (if not using chili-infused oil).
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- While cooking, soft boil the eggs. Fill a separate small pot with water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a rapid simmer, add eggs, and cook for 6 minutes. Remove immediately and drench in ice water to stop the cooking process.
- When vegetables in the pot are tender, add zucchini and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- Serve vegetarian ramen with a peeled and halved soft boiled egg, lime juice, cilantro, and chili-infused oil.
Makes: Serves 4
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 187mg
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 7g
- Net Carbs: 11g
- Protein: 10g
- Potassium: 722mg