Lemon Ginger Low-Carb Donuts
Start to Finish: 40 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon (collect zest before juicing)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon birch xylitol or non-GMO erythritol
- 1 tablespoon high-quality ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees. Grease a donut pan generously with coconut oil.
- Mix the dry donut ingredients in one big bowl and the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop the batter into the donut pan.
- Bake donuts for 12 minutes.
- While donuts bake and cool, prepare coconut butter icing. Gently warm coconut butter, either by submerging your jar in warm water or on low heat on the stove. When melted, blend with ground ginger.
- When cooled, glaze donuts with icing and sprinkle lemon zest on top.
Makes: Serves 6
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 406
- Protein: 11g
- Fiber: 18g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 2.2g
- Sugar Alcohols: 2g
- Net Carbs: 9g
- Fat: 33g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Cholesterol: 327mg
- Salt: 341mg
- Potassium: 48mg
- Iron: 17%
- Calcium: 12%
- Vitamin A: 2%
- Vitamin C: 3%