Low-Carb Rice With Honey Recipe
- 1 cup organic sushi rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- Bring water to a boil.
- Rinse rice well in cold water and drain.
- Add rice and coconut oil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove rice from heat and immediately transfer it to the fridge. Let rice cool in the fridge for 1 hour, or longer. You can portion out the rice before putting it in the fridge so that it cools more quickly. (Think chunks shaped like your thumb, like you’d use for nigiri sushi)
- When rice is cool, set oven to warm.
- Remove rice from fridge and put in oven until warm.
- Drizzle butter, raw honey, and salt.
Makes: 4-6 servings