Keto Tres Leches Cake Recipe
- 2½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (or Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup monk fruit (brown)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (or 1 tbsp vanilla extract)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Tres Leches (Homemade condensed coconut milk)
- 27 oz coconut cream (available in 13.5 oz cans)
- 2-3 tbsp monk fruit (brown)
- 1 scoop Bulletproof Vanilla Bean Complete Daily Energy Collagen Protein
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 27 oz coconut cream (Put cans in refrigerator to cause cream to solidify and separate from the milk)
- 1-2 tbsp monk fruit (brown)
- 1 scoop Bulletproof French Vanilla Creamer
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix all the cake ingredients together in a large bowl using a hand mixer.
- Pour into an 8x8 greased, parchment-lined dish or a rectangle/slice tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Meanwhile, make the tres leches by adding condensed milk, vanilla and sweetener into a medium-sized saucepan and bring the mix to a soft boil. Reduce for 30 minutes or until it's reduced by half and has thickened. Stir occasionally, especially toward the end to prevent the mixture from burning on the bottom.
- Once the cake is finished baking, allow it cool.
- Once the homemade condensed coconut milk is ready and off the heat, add Vanilla Bean Complete Daily Energy Collagen Protein and whisk until combined.
- Poke the top of the cake to make a lot of holes and pour the condensed coconut milk mixture over the top so the cake absorbs all that tasty goodness.
- Place cake in the refrigerator to set. Place a heavy mixing bowl (or the bowl from your stand mixer) in the freezer to chill for the coconut whipped cream.
- Add the solid coconut cream to the chilled mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip it. Add sweetener of choice and French Vanilla Creamer and continue whipping until the cream stiffens.
- Spread the coconut whipped cream evenly over the cake and top with fresh berries. Once you dig into a slice of this keto tres leches cake recipe, you may never go back to the traditional version.
- Calories: 634
- Fat: 63 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sugar Alcohols: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Net Carbs: 8 g
- Sodium: 206 mg