Keto Bacon & Zucchini Muffins
Start to Finish: 40 minutes (10 minutes active)
- 2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 small zucchini)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 7 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4-5 slices pastured bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon paleo baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Fry bacon pieces until lightly crisp.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all zucchini muffin ingredients (including bacon) until combined evenly. Some coconut flour brands are more absorbent than others, so add an extra egg if the batter seems too dry.
- Scoop the batter into silicone muffin trays.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove muffin trays from the oven and place onto a wire rack.
- Serve zucchini muffins warm with butter. After cooling completely, store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 104
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 149mg
- Salt: 388mg
- Carbs: 2.6g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Net Carbs: 1.5g
- Protein: 7.9g
- Vitamin D: 13mcg
- Calcium: 60mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 205mg