Homemade Collagen Protein Bars
Start to Finish: 1 hour 5 minutes (5 minutes active)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut butter
- 1 Tbsp. Grass-Fed Ghee (or coconut oil for dairy-free option)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. Brain Octane MCT oil
- 1/2 cup Collagen Protein
- 1 Tbsp. non-GMO erythritol, birch xylitol or stevia
- Optional add-ins: Lemon juice and rind, cacao powder, ginger or turmeric
- In a mixing bowl, blender or food processor, add all ingredients and gently blend until well-combined.
- Taste the mixture, and add more sweetener or vanilla if needed.
- Line a small dish or tray with parchment, then add protein bar base. Smooth into one uniform piece to make slicing easier later.
- Freeze for one hour, or until firm.
- Slice into six bars and serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.
Makes: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 280
- Protein: 9.1g
- Carbs: 8.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Fat: 15.4g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Salt: 34mg
- Potassium: 121mg
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 1mg
- Iron: 5mg