Low-Carb Chocolate Candies
Start to Finish: 1 hour 10 minutes (10 minutes active)
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/2 cup Grass-Fed Ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons erythritol monk fruit blend, such as Lakanto, or birch xylitol
- Optional add-ins: crumbled lemon cookie collagen protein bars, toasted coconut, raw chopped macadamia nuts, cacao nibs, and/or 4 drops of peppermint or orange essential oil, orange zest
- In a small saucepan on medium low heat, melt all of the chocolate ingredients together (except add-ins, if using) until well combined.
- If using add-ins, lightly sprinkle them into a silicone or candy mold. If adding essential oils, stir them directly into the chocolate mixture.
- Carefully drizzle the low-carb chocolate mixture into your molds, then place in the freezer until set (about an hour).
- Serve immediately and store leftovers covered in the freezer. These low-carb chocolate candies melt quickly, so do not leave them to sit at room temperature.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 77
- Fat: 8g
- Salt: 8mg
- Carbs: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Sugar: 0g
- Net Carbs: .4g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Potassium: 1mg
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 3mg
- Iron: 0mg