Keto Green Beans With Crispy Bacon and Herbs
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 3/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 3 strips pastured bacon, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or Grass-Fed Ghee
- Using a pot and steamer basket, boil water and steam green beans until tender (about 4 minutes).
- While green beans cook, add bacon to a frying pan and fry until golden brown and slightly crisp.
- When bacon has finished cooking, stir in garlic and salt and cook until garlic browns slightly. Remove from heat.
- Drain water from the steamed beans and rinse with cold water if desired.
- Add all the ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Serve with all your favorite main dishes.
Makes: Serves 4
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 63
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 12mg
- Carbs: 7.4g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 1.4g
- Net Carbs: 3.9g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 45mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 235mg