Fluffy Keto Buns
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground psyllium husks
- 4 egg whites
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon paleo baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With a hand mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites until they form a foam with stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Mix all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl. Gently fold in the egg whites.
- Form four thick, evenly sized rolls from your dough and place on the baking sheet. (Thickness is important so buns don’t flatten.)
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. If you cut one open and it still is moist, place them (even the one you have cut open) back in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Remove from your oven and serve warm.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 3.1g
- Salt: 121mg
- Carbs: 23.4g
- Fiber: 17.3gg
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Net Carbs: 6.1g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Potassium: 203mg
- Vitamin D: 9mcg
- Calcium: 80mg
- Iron: 1mg