Keto Hamburger Salad
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 3/4 pound pastured ground beef
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Grass-Fed Ghee or coconut oil for cooking
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 slices high-quality pastured bacon
- Optional: Avocado oil mayo or aioli of choice
- Divide yellow onion into quarters. Dice one quarter finely, and cut the remaining quarters into slices. Set slices aside.
- In a bowl, combine chopped onion with garlic, ground beef, and all spices until combined. Divide mixture into four parts, and form the parts into patties.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add oil or ghee and swirl to coat the pan.
- When pan has heated, add patties and cook until browned on one side. Flip and continue cooking.
- While burgers cook, add remaining onions to the pan. Lightly salt the slices and stir occasionally to caramelize.
- In the same or a different pan, add bacon slices and cook until slightly crisp.
- Divide arugula between two plates, then top with two patties each, caramelized onions, avocado slices, and aioli. Serve hamburger salad warm.
Makes: Serves 2
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 632
- Fat: 43g
- Salt: 694mg
- Carbs: 15.3g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Net Carbs: 6.6g
- Protein: 48.7g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
- Potassium: 1262mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- Iron: 30mg