Baked Keto Coconut Shrimp With Cilantro Lime Dip
Start to Finish: 45 minutes (5 minutes active)
- 8 medium raw, wild-caught shrimp
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
Cilantro lime dip ingredients:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water for 4 hours
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine shredded coconut and coconut flour.
- Dip one shrimp into the beaten egg, then set it on top of the coconut mixture, spooning more of the mixture over the top to coat. When shrimp is thoroughly coated in the coconut mixture, set it on the lined pan and repeat the process with the remaining shrimp.
- Spray or very gently brush avocado oil on the shrimp.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden on the top.
- Flip the shrimp and spray with more avocado oil.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- While shrimp bake, prepare cilantro lime dip. Drain any water from the cashews, then combine all dip ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Serve coconut shrimp warm with cilantro lime dip on the side
Makes: Serves 1
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 599
- Protein: 34g
- Carbs: 14g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Net Carbs: 7.5g
- Fat: 43g
- Saturated Fat: 15g
- Cholesterol: 262mg
- Salt: 647mg
- Potassium: 542mg
- Iron: 59%
- Calcium: 11%
- Vitamin A: 7%
- Vitamin C: 5%