Fluffy Keto Almond Flour Biscuits
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/8 cup grass-fed ghee, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup basil (loosely packed), 1/2 teaspoon matcha, or your favorite herbs and spices (optional)
Note on ingredients: Except for coconut, all nuts are considered “suspect” on the Bulletproof Diet because of their high levels of omega-6 fats, susceptibility to mold, and lectins that can be tough on your gut. Use nuts in moderation, or remove them from your diet and reintroduce in small amounts to test your sensitivity. Garlic and pepper are suspect spices on the Bulletproof Diet because of their susceptibility to mold — and garlic can inhibit alpha brain waves and affect your mood. Skip these spices or only use them on occasion.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- If you make almond flour biscuits plain, mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and proceed to step 3. If using basil or matcha, blend almond flour, matcha, and basil together in a blender until well combined. Then, mix in remaining ingredients until a batter forms. If the mixture doesn’t seem doughy enough when you roll it gently in your hands, add in extra almond meal (1 tablespoon at a time, up to 3 tablespoons) until it forms a dough.
- Scoop the dough out and form 7 balls. Place onto your prepared baking sheet and flatten each one slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or slightly golden and firm, but soft on the inside.
- Remove biscuits from the oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Enjoy warm, or store in a covered container and reheat gently later.
Makes: 7 biscuits
Nutritional Information (1 biscuit):
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 14.6g
- Salt: 187mg
- Carbs: 3.1g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugar: .6g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Net Carbs: 1.4g
- Potassium: 121mg
- Vitamin D: 2mcg
- Calcium: 40mg
- Iron: 1mg