Gluten-Free and Keto-Friendly Mac and Cheese
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups steamed pumpkin (hot)
- 1/3 cup cashews; soaked and strained
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. mustard powder
- 2 cups shirataki macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup organic bacon, diced and cooked (optional)
- 1 cup organic cheese, grated, if you tolerate dairy (optional)
- Drain shirataki macaroni and rinse thoroughly. Place into a pot of boiling water for up to 3 minutes. Drain and dry noodles, squeezing out any excess water.
- Meanwhile, add the steamed pumpkin, strained cashews, garlic and mustard powder, ghee, coconut cream and a good pinch of salt into a food processor. Blitz until completely smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and re-blend.
- Taste the mixture and add in more salt and apple cider vinegar, to taste, until the flavors are well-balanced. Reblend until desired flavor and texture is achieved.
- Stir fry the shirataki macaroni for 5-10 minutes to achieve a dry texture.
- Cover macaroni with the sauce and stir it together gently. If you’re adding in the bacon and/ or grated cheese, stir these in now; the heat from the pasta and sauce should melt the cheese beautifully. If the mixture is too thick, add a splash of water to loosen it.
- Serve with fresh herbs on top and enjoy.
Makes: 6 servings
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 156
- Protein: 2g
- Carbs: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Fat: 14g
This nutrition information is based on shirataki macaroni. The nutrition information of your own delicious Gluten-Free Mac and Cheese may vary, depending on the ingredients you use.