Bacon Wrapped Roasted Turkey Breast
Start to Finish: 90 minutes
- About 3 pounds pasture-raised turkey breast, boned and rolled
- 23 strips pasture-raised bacon, divided
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large parsnip, roughly chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced, divided
- 5 cups Brussel sprouts, halved with outer leaves removed
- 2 cups pastured chicken bone broth or filtered water
- 1 tablespoon raw almonds, chopped
- Fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large roasting tray, add sweet potatoes, parsnip, and half of the leeks, and mix.
- Gather 15 strips of the bacon. Spread half of a work surface horizontally. Fold up every other end on the left-hand side about an inch. Add one piece of bacon vertically to the folded section and weave over and under. Repeat with the remaining bacon. This tutorial link is helpful.
- Transfer the bacon lattice on top of the turkey. Place the turkey on top of the vegetables and place in the oven.
- Roast for 1 hour. After 1 hour, check whether the internal temperature of the turkey has reached 165 degrees fahrenheit. If not, place the turkey back in the oven and continue to cook, checking the temperature every 10 minutes.
- While the turkey breast roasts, prepare the Brussels sprouts. Begin by dicing remaining bacon slices. Using a wide saucepan on medium heat, add the bacon and cook for 3 minutes, or until fat renders.
- Add leeks and Brussel sprouts, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until lightly caramelized.
- Add bone broth or water and reduce until the sprouts are softened, around 5 minutes.
- Finish with adding almonds and fresh sage over the top.
- Remove the roasted turkey breast from the oven. Allow to rest for a few minutes before carving.
- Plate turkey with vegetables from the roasting tray and Brussels sprouts. Spoon cooking juices from the roasting tray over the meal to finish.
Makes: Serves 6-8
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 493.1
- Protein: 47.4g
- Carbs: 18.7g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Net Carbs: 14.4g
- Fat: 23.3g
- Saturated Fat: 8.3g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Salt: 524mg
- Potassium: 502.1mg
- Vitamin A: 5398.3mg
- Calcium: 56.6mg
- Vitamin C: 52.3mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Vitamin E: 1.3mg
- Zinc: .7mg
- Vitamin K: 111.1ug