Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Start to Finish: 1 hour (15 minutes active)
- 4 1/2 pounds whole butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons Grass-Fed Ghee, melted and divided
- 4 cups pastured chicken stock
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh thyme leaves or extra virgin olive oil to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel your butternut squash, cut in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Rub them all over with 1 tablespoon of your ghee and roast them cut side down on a baking sheet lined with foil for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until completely soft.
- In a high powered blender (or in a soup pot with an immersion blender), add roasted butternut squash and 1 cup of chicken stock. Blend until mostly combined, then continue adding stock 1 cup at a time until you achieve a consistency you like. You can use less stock if you want a thicker soup.
- With your blender on medium speed, slowly stream in the coconut milk and remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve roasted butternut squash soup with fresh thyme leaves and extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top
Makes: Serves 4
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 373
- Fat: 18.7g
- Saturated Fat: 8.1g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Salt: 786mg
- Carbs: 55.4g
- Fiber: 9.7g
- Sugar: 11.7g
- Net Carbs: 45.7g
- Protein: 5.9g
- Calcium: 237mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 1690mg