Salmon Protein Bowl With Broccoli and Leeks
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
- 1/2 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
- 1/4 trimmed leek, cleaned and sliced
- Pinch each of chopped fresh rosemary, chili powder, and curry powder
- Cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- 4 ounces wild-caught salmon
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro, sliced green onions, and sliced watermelon radishes to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Brain Octane Oil
- Cooked and cooled white rice (optional), seasoned with ground turmeric to taste
- Cook salmon using your favorite method (poaching is recommended).
- While salmon cooks, prepare broccoli leek base. Season a pot of water generously with salt and bring to a boil. Add broccoli, celery, and leeks and boil for 10 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain veggies and reserve about 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Transfer veggies to a blender and blend until fully pureed, adding a tablespoon of cooking water at a time until it reaches a veggie mash consistency. (You can also do this in your cooking pot with an immersion blender.) Add rosemary, chili powder, curry powder, and cayenne (if using), and mix well.
- Add broccoli leek base to a bowl and top with rice, cooked salmon, avocado, and remaining veggies. Drizzle with Brain Octane Oil and serve warm.
Makes: 1 serving
Nutritional Information (1 bowl):
- Calories: 374
- Fat: 20.4g
- Carbs: 14g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 26.6g
- Net Carbs: 7.7g