Roasted Carrot Soup
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter or Grass-Fed Ghee
- 1.5 cups chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free), plus extra as needed
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Crushed nuts for garnishing, such as raw pecans
- Melt butter or ghee in a medium sized saucepan over medium low heat. Once bubbling, add carrots and sage. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until the carrots begin to slightly soften.
- Add bone broth and coconut milk. Turn the heat up to medium high heat until it comes to a boil. Immediately lower heat to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the carrots are mushy.
- Add mixture to a blender and blend, using extra chicken stock a tablespoon at a time to thin the soup if it’s too thick. Once the mixture is just thin enough to vortex in the blender, drizzle in Brain Octane Oil to emulsify. Blend until completely smooth.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with crushed nuts and fresh parsley leaves on top.
Makes: Serves 2
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated Fat: 13g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 410mg
- Carbs: 13.1g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugar: 6.9g
- Net Carbs: 9.6g
- Protein: 1.9g
- Vitamin D: 4mcg
- Calcium: 49mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 449mg