Carrot Cake Collagen Muffins With Cashew Icing
Start to Finish: 1 hour
Carrot Cake Collagen Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 carrot, grated (roughly 2 cups, loosely packed, per carrot)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup powdered sweetener of choice
- 2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1 scoop Bulletproof Collagen Protein powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (substitute with half as much vanilla powder)
- 1.5 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2-1 tsp. ginger powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 big squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked and strained
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp. Bulletproof Brain Octane C8 MCT Oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (substitute with half as much vanilla powder)
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sweetener of choice (or more to taste)
- 1 good squeeze of lemon juice
You’ll only use about half the batch of Cashew Icing. Store the rest in the fridge up to a week, or freeze it for your next baking project!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and line a muffin tray.
- Add all the muffin ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until evenly combined.
- Scoop or pour the batter into the prepared muffin tray. Place into the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the muffins are cooked through.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack while you make the Cashew Icing.
- Add all of the icing ingredients into a small blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and re-blend. Taste the icing and add a touch more sweetener or lemon juice if desired.
- Pour the icing into a piping bag. Once the muffins are warm (not hot), pipe the icing on top of a muffin and enjoy!
Makes: 5 muffins
Nutritional Information (1 muffin, iced):
- Calories: 401
- Protein: 15.8g
- Carbs: 20.6g
- Fiber: 4.1g
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Fat: 30.3g
- Saturated Fat: 7.4g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Salt: 197mg