Dave’s Keto Coconut Vanilla Sauce
Start to Finish: 5 minutes
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 stick grass-fed butter
- 5 tablespoons powdered sunflower lecithin (stored in the fridge), or more for a thicker texture
- 1/4 cup birch xylitol, or more to taste
- 4 cups of hot water (not boiling)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Dash of salt
- In a blender, mix half the water with all the coconut and butter until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly until vanilla sauce takes on an ultra-creamy texture.
- Taste the sauce and add more vanilla or xylitol if desired.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator. Sauce will be runny the first day but harden overnight. Reblend again after chilling, if desired, if you find any lumps.
Recipe notes: By playing with the amount of water you use, the next morning you can get consistencies as stiff as cream cheese or sour cream all the way to whipped-cream-like. You can skip the vinegar but real milk has a very slight sour note, so if you skip the vinegar, you have less of a milk flavor and more of a coconut flavor.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 186
- Fat: 18.3g
- Saturated Fat: 14.7g
- Cholesterol: 5.5mg
- Salt: 20.5mg
- Carbs: 8.1g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sugar Alcohols: 2.2g
- Net Carbs: 2.3g
- Protein: 1.4g