- Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bar (12 pack)
- 12g of protein per bar
- Quality fat from Brain Octane® oil to keep you full and focused
- Gluten Free
- Made with Collagen Protein from grass-fed cows
- 1 box of Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bars (12 pack)
Stay Full and FocusedLEARN MORE
Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bars are packed with protein, and they’re tasty and satisfying, too. With notes of cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg, get the taste of pumpkin pie without the sugar and gluten. These bars were made in limited quantity just in time for Fall – stock up before they’re gone!
Bulletproof™ bars keep you feeling full and focused with quality fats like Brain Octane® oil, a high-energy, brain-powering fat extracted from the most potent part of the coconut. Careful processing preserves each bar’s natural flavors and nutrients in every awesome bite. They’re perfect when you’re craving something sweet-but-not-too-sweet, with just 3g of sugar and 8g net carbs.
Stay Bulletproof and don’t ditch nutrition when out on the go. You are what you eat. So eat awesome.
Carefully Sourced IngredientsLEARN MORE
Ingredients: Organic cashew butter, grass-fed collagen protein, chicory, Bulletproof™ XCT® oil powder (caprylic and capric acid triglycerides from highly refined coconut and/or palm kernel oil, tapioca dextrin), organic cashews, Bulletproof™ Brain Octane® oil (caprylic acid triglycerides from highly refined coconut oil), pumpkin powder, organic spices (cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg), organic coconut oil, lab-tested vanilla beans, sea salt, organic stevia leaf extract, cinnamon oil, ginger oil.
Contains: Cashews, Coconut.
What makes Bulletproof Bars better?LEARN MORE
Not all protein is the same, and neither are all protein bars. Bulletproof™ Collagen Protein Bars are made from real food, starting with collagen protein from grass-fed cows. Collagen protein has the same amino acids found in bone broth, which are the building blocks of bone, joints and skin.
Bulletproof Collagen Protein Bars have quality fat and protein to provide sustained energy without the sugar crash. Each Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bar has:
- 12 grams of protein
- 14 grams of fat
- 8 grams net carbs*
- 3 grams of sugar
*net carbs are calculated as total carbohydrates minus prebiotics
What is Collagen?LEARN MORE
What is collagen?
Collagen is the largest and most abundant protein in the body, making up about 30-35% of the total protein. Collagen is in every tissue of the body and is the connective tissue in structures such as skin, hair, nails, bones, lungs, heart and liver. It is often referred to as the glue that holds the body together.
Collagen contains glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline, the three amino acids the body uses to manufacture its own collagen.
What does collagen do, exactly?
1) Smoother, more hydrated skin
Skin and connective tissue contain special cells called fibroblasts that manufacture collagen. They can crank it out as long as they have plenty of glycine, proline, hydroxyproline. The best way to get those amino acids is hydrolyzed collagen, which has been broken down so it’s more bioavailable.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- Decreases skin cracking.
- Helps smooth out wrinkles.
- Increases fibroblast density, a marker of healthy, elastic skin.
- Increases skin moisture.
2) Stronger joints
Collagen can also strengthen joints, increasing their resilience. Several studies have found that taking hydrolyzed collagen decreases joint pain after exercise and increases the density of cartilage, making joints more flexible.
Collagen is also a great hack for endurance athletes, particularly if the preferred exercise is tough on joints. Long-distance running is the worst offender. Most sports take their toll, as can heavy lifting.
3) Faster recovery
Collagen is the main protein the body recruits to help build everything from the connective tissue in skin to the tendons that attach muscles to bone. It works well for several reasons:
- Collagen forms a flexible matrix, covering new tissue while still allowing it to move. It acts as a sort of scaffold that holds everything together so other cells can rebuild.
- It helps keep tissue clean.
- It can assimilate with surrounding tissue, helping to bring pieces of tissue together.
Protein-Packed Pumpkin Pie Parfait
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut cream from canned coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bars, crushed
- Stevia or Bulletproof sweetener of choice, to taste
- Open can of coconut milk without shaking or incorporating, scoop cream layer (on top) into a small bowl.
- Make pumpkin mousse by combining pumpkin puree, sweetener, 2 tbsp. coconut cream and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip until smooth and silky. If the mixture is too thick, add 1-2 tbsp. of liquid from the bottom of the coconut cream can.
- Lightly press a layer of crushed Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bars into the base of each dessert cup (ramekin, parfait cup, 4 oz. mason jars all work well).
- Scoop or pipe 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie mousse on top of the crumb base.
- Layer 1 tbsp. coconut cream on top of the mousse layer.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 once more, and top with a sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bar crumbs. Enjoy!