Protein-Packed Pumpkin Pie Parfait
Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut cream from canned coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bars, crushed
- Stevia or Bulletproof sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1. Open can of coconut milk without shaking or incorporating, scoop cream layer (on top) into a small bowl.
- 2. Make pumpkin mousse by combining pumpkin puree, sweetener, 2 tbsp. coconut cream and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl.
- 3. Using a hand mixer, whip until smooth and silky. If the mixture is too thick, add 1-2 tbsp. of liquid from the bottom of the coconut cream can.
- 4. Lightly press a layer of crushed Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bars into the base of each dessert cup (ramekin, parfait cup, 4 oz. mason jars all work well).
- 5. Scoop or pipe 1 tbsp. pumpkin pie mousse on top of the crumb base.
- 6. Layer 1 tbsp. coconut cream on top of the mousse layer.
- 7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 once more, and top with a sprinkle of Pumpkin Spice Collagen Protein Bar crumbs. Enjoy!
Apple Pie Fat Bombs
Makes 30 fat bombs
- 1 small organic apple, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons grass-fed butter, divided
- 4 teaspoons non-GMO erythritol, birch xylitol, or stevia
- 4 teaspoons vanilla, or 1 teaspoon powdered vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon pure maple extract
- 2 pinches sea salt
- 1 Apple Pie Collagen Protein Bar, cut into chunks
- 1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter. When it bubbles, add apple, cinnamon, and sweetener. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until apples soften and sugars begin to caramelize.
- 2. Add remaining butter, vanilla, maple extract, and salt. Stir until butter is melted and ingredients are incorporated.
- 3. Add mixture to a high-powered blender and blend for 1 minute, or until mixture is smooth.
- 4. Add collagen bar chunks and blend again for about 10 seconds, using the lowest speed to avoid damaging delicate proteins.
- 5. Pour fat bomb mixture into silicone molds, a stainless steel ice cube tray, or a lined muffin tin. Freeze for 3 hours, or until firm.
- 6. Remove fat bombs from molds and store covered in the freezer.