- Medium to coarse grind for both automatic and manual brew settings
- Burrs give a precise grind for a flavorful, balanced extraction
- Removable burrs make cleaning simple and easy
- Speed to Grind: 0.8g/second – 1.1g/second
- Burrs: 40 mm conical burrs
- Dimensions: 12W x 35H x 16D (cm)
The Encore is lauded by coffee experts as the go-to grinder for those brewing coffee at home. The Encore gives a great grind for drip/manual brew and also grinds fine enough for espresso.
Featuring 40 individual grind settings, from fine to coarse, the Encore can please any palate with its gamut of accurate and repeatable grind settings. The Encore has an accurate medium to coarse grind for both automatic and manual brew settings. The specially designed burrs give a precise grind with minimal fines for a flavorful, balanced extraction when making espresso.
Baratza quality is unparalleled with its efficient DV motor to keep your beans cool, even during extended grind times, while a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM, ensuring a smooth bean feed and reducing noise, heat and static buildup.
Beyond a great coffee-drinking experience, the Encore makes for a great coffee-making experience. A convenient, front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind on demand into your brew basket. Whether you are looking for an espresso grinder or a grinder to help you explore that extensive range of brew methods, the Encore is a great all around home grinder.
Manufactured in Europe, the Encore’s 40 mm conical burrs will grind for many styles of coffee. Conical burrs grinders are exceptional at producing consistent grinds from very fine to very coarse as well as being durable and will remain sharp for many years.
In 2012, Baratza introduced the second generation Gearbox (GB 2.0). With GB 2.0, Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive transmission while decreasing noise. In addition to a new drive shaft, motor mounting plate and bushings, this change includes a new drive gear made of 15% glass filled thermo plastic, which is quieter than the prior metal gear, wears better and is more shock resistant. During the Encore’s rigorous testing process, stainless steel screws were thrown into the burrs, and in every case the motor/gear/burrs stopped immediately, the (automatically-resettable) thermal cutout was triggered and the gears were fine.
Turn the hopper and with 40 setting you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse to French Press. The grind range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
GRINDS LEFT IN GRINDER
To maximize freshness, the Encore minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
The Encore is a great grinder for manual brewing and espresso.
A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
An innovating burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
With unique speed control, the Encore uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
The Encore has an easy on-off switch.
Burrs are easily removable without tools, making cleaning very easy.
1. What grind setting is recommended for FP/Drip/Pour Over/Espresso? Please reference the numbers below as a general starting point. Ultimately the optimal grind load will depend on your personal preference.
- French Press: 30
- Drip: 20
- Pour Over: 14
- Espresso: 10
2. How loud does this machine get? Medium load.
3. How do I clean this machine? The removable hopper and top burr makes it easy to clean. Or you can use cleaning tablets to clean the grinder automatically.
4. Does this grinder have a warranty? Yes. The Baratza Grinder has a 1 year limited warranty. This covers all defects in materials or workmanship (parts and labor) including free ground transportation to and from our repair facility within US and Canada. Please contact email@example.com directly for support on any issue you might experience.
5. Is the Burr Grinder ceramic? No, they are hardened steel burrs. The burr is one of the most important part of the grinder, and Baratza sources high end steel burrs to get an accurate and consistent particle distribution with each grind.
Subscribe now and enjoy product discounts all year long!
Enjoy the freedom of customizing, setting your delivery time and brushing the worries aside about running out of your favorites again.…