The Ultimate Holiday Health Survival Guide
By: Josh Squires
The holidays can be a stressful time, especially if you’re trying to stick to your diet, watch your sugar intake and deal with difficult relatives — and research has backed that up. According to a survey by the American Psychological Association, 38 percent of people said their stress level increases during the holidays. A survey by Principal Financial Group found that 53 percent of people’s stress stems from concerns around money and holiday spending.
We can’t help you get rich, but we can help you feel better this holiday season. Take a deep breath and keep reading. Here are some Bulletproof tips for having a healthy, happy holiday.
Winter health woes: Surviving cold and flu season
All of those stressors we mentioned are that much worse when you’re not feeling your best. Having a cold can take a lot out of you — but these articles will help you fight that cold better and recover faster.
- How to Get Rid of a Cold Quickly
- How to restore gut health after antibiotics
- Science-backed tips to prevent a cold
Finding the time for a meal: Cooking and eating healthfully
A balanced diet is essential to maintaining your health, but it can be challenging to find the time to prepare nourishing meals. Fortunately, there are devices that make our lives a little easier — and recipes to get you the rest of the way there.
- 31 Easy Instant Pot recipes
- 50 Easy Breakfast Recipes with 10 Carbs or Less
- 50 Packable Keto Lunch Recipes
- Want to get more out of the gym? These foods may support your metabolism
Less sugar, more merry: Detox tips and recipes
Tis the season … for sugary treats. We love a good Christmas cookie or rugelach, but too much of a good thing will leave you feeling stressed — and it may have a negative impact on your overall health. Excess sugar can lead to inflammation, fatigue, weight gain and depression — and it affects men disproportionately. One study found that men who ate 67g of sugar per day were 23 percent more likely to have depression after five years. Keep the sugar in check this season with these articles:
- Sugar Detox: What To Do When You’ve Had Too Much Sugar
- Treating yourself to sugary holiday cocktails? Here’s a handy guide for holiday drinking
- Try some of our favorite holiday cookie recipes: Keto Protein Chocolate Chip Cookies, Paleo Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies and Keto Paleo Gingerbread Cookies
A good night’s sleep
Sleep is just as important as diet and exercise when it comes to helping you feel like your best self — especially when you’re dealing with holiday stress. If you want to maintain peak caroling energy and power through gift-wrapping season, quality sleep is non-negotiable. Here are our top articles on how to get a better night’s sleep:
- Why 5 Hours of Sleep May Be Better than 8
- Get Better Sleep with Vitamin D
- 5 Ways to Avoid a Bad Night’s Sleep
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!