- Collagen Protein Net Wt. 16 oz.
- 22g of protein per serving
- Collagen from pasture-raised cows
- Supports bones, joints, skin and hair
- 1 - 16oz bag of collagen protein
Amino Acid Building BlocksLEARN MORE
Bulletproof™ Collagen protein makes it easy to get the same vital amino acids found in bone broth without the time-consuming preparation. And because collagen is flavorless and blends in quickly without clumps, it’s one of the easiest ways to add a protein boost to smoothies, soups, and of course, Bulletproof® Coffee.
Why Add Extra Collagen to Your Diet?
Traditionally, collagen used to make its way into peoples’ diets through foods like bone broths, slow-cooked organ meats, kidney pies, baked beef hearts, whole crustaceans, and whole-fish soups and stews…
However, unless a person is routinely eating these types of meals, chances are the body is barely getting any naturally occurring collagen protein at all.
Bulletproof Collagen Mixes Easily
Because of special enzymatic processing, Bulletproof Collagen doesn’t clump, and mixes invisibly into favorite shakes, smoothies – or even plain water. Plus, because collagen is flavorless and more heat-stable than whey, it can be mixed into coffee (or any other hot beverage) without hurting its nutritional quality, or the taste.
What is Collagen?LEARN MORE
What is Collagen?
Collagen is the largest and most abundant protein in the body, making up about 30 to 35% of the total protein. Collagen is in every tissue of the body and is the connective tissue in structures such as skin, hair, nails, bones, lungs, heart and liver. It is often referred to as the glue that holds the body together.
Collagen contains glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline, the three amino acids the body uses to manufacture its own collagen.
What does collagen do, exactly?
1) Smoother, more hydrated skin
Skin and connective tissue contain special cells called fibroblasts that manufacture collagen. They can crank it out as long as they have plenty of glycine, proline, hydroxyproline. The best way to get those amino acids is hydrolyzed collagen, which has been broken down so it’s more bioavailable.
- Improves skin elasticity.
- Decreases skin cracking.
- Helps smooth out wrinkles.
- Increases fibroblast density, a marker of healthy, elastic skin.
- Increases skin moisture.
2) Stronger joints
Collagen can also strengthen joints, increasing their resilience. Several studies have found that taking hydrolyzed collagen decreases joint pain after exercise and makes joints more flexible.
Collagen is also a great hack for endurance athletes, particularly if the preferred exercise is tough on joints. Long-distance running is the worst offender. Most sports take their toll, as can heavy lifting.
3) Faster recovery
Collagen is the main protein the body recruits to help build everything from the connective tissue in skin to the tendons that attach muscles to bone. It works well for several reasons:
- Collagen forms a flexible matrix, covering new tissue while still allowing it to move. It acts as a sort of scaffold that holds everything together so other cells can rebuild.
- It helps keep tissue clean
- It can assimilate with surrounding tissue, helping to bring pieces of tissue together
The body’s collagen needs go up when injured. If recovering from something, try taking 10g of collagen or Collagelatin™ 2-3 times per day.
What are the Differences Between Collagen, Whey & Collagelatin?
One of the biggest differences between collagen and whey is in the amino acids. Collagen is higher in glycine – an amino acid that combines with glutamine and cysteine (found in whey and other protein sources) to support the production of glutathione, the body’s master antioxidant. Although collagen has an incomplete amino acid profile, the amino acids it does provide fills in the gaps commonly seen in dietary protein and protein supplements.
And because Bulletproof Collagen is enzymatically hydrolyzed (breaking the bonds that form gelatin), Bulletproof Collagen protein does not thicken upon cooling like regular gelatin.
More than just proteinLEARN MORE
While collagen can help the body build or maintain muscle and speed recovery if working out, a person doesn’t have to pump iron to benefit. In fact, most people enjoy collagen for its other benefits – including…
- Promoting resilient, flexible joints
- Supporting hair growth
- Reducing wrinkles and stretch mark
- And even upgrading skin with a radiant, healthy ‘glow’
Carefully Sourced IngredientsLEARN MORE
Hydrolyzed collagen powder
Bulletproof™ Collagen Protein contains just one ingredient (hydrolyzed collagen powder), and comes from pasture-raised, hormone-free cows. And unlike cheaper collagen that can end up damaged by heat, Bulletproof Collagen is enzymatically processed several times, to leave its nutrition-giving peptides intact. That makes it highly bioavailable (for maximum nutritional potency) – giving a neutral-tasting, odorless protein that doesn’t thicken or clump.
Bulletproof Collagen does not contain any dairy, egg, sugar, corn, yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, artificial flavors, or preservatives, and our collagen source (gelatin) has been concluded to be GRAS (Generally Recognized as Safe).
Collagen Vanilla Shake
Makes 1 serving
- 1-2 scoops Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups Almond Milk
- 3 cubes of ice
- 1 tsp Brain Octane oil
- Xylitol (to your liking)
- If you prefer chocolate, add 1-2 tbsp. Bulletproof Cacao Powder instead of the VanillaMax, or both for maximum flavor!
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high for 1 minute. Enjoy!
Upgraded Collagen Protein Pancakes
Makes 4 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. xylitol or stevia to taste
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup almond or flax meal
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tbsp. pumpkin spice or spice flavoring of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp. pasture-raised Bulletproof Collagen Protein for a boost of connective tissue supporting amino acids!
- Handful of blueberries or fruit of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or in a bowl with a hand mixer
- Grease an iron skillet with grass-fed butter or ghee
- Cook pancake mixture on a low heat until each side is golden brown and pancakes are puffed up (about 3 minutes each side)
- Add more butter and sprinkle with broken-up chocolate or vanilla Collagen Bars!
Bulletproof Collagen Balls
- 4 Scoops Bulletproof Collagen Protein
- 2 Tablespoons Bulletproof Hot Chocolate
- ¾ Cup Organic Almond Meal
- ¼ Cup Bulletproof Cacao Butter
- ¼ Cup Organic Almond Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- ¼ cup Organic Cacao Nibs
- ½ cup Organic shredded coconut (optional)
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
Place protein powder, hot chocolate, and almond meal in a mixing bowl and blend. Cut in the cacao butter with a fork or pastry cutter then mix in almond butter, raw honey, cacao nibs and sea salt. Mix well until the mixture is cookie dough in texture. Scoop a tablespoon of dough and roll into balls, repeat. Enjoy.
Note: You could also roll the balls in unsweetened organic shredded coconut for an added crunch.