Cacao Butter - What does Science and Research Say
Mold, Toxins, Lead and Chocolate
When chocolate is not carefully treated, it is possible for it be contaminated with mold toxins. Cacao trees are often infected with fungi and molds. Roasting mold beans destroys almost all of the actual fungi, but it doesn't destroy all of the toxins already produced by the fungi.
We use a proper production process to minimize levels of mold and fungi formation in Upgraded Chocolate products, which help keeps your mind and body sharp.
Lead (the metal) is a toxin that decreases brain function, damages your heart, and attacks your reproductive system. People who are exposed to lead at an early age have smaller brains than the average population.
Believe it or not, much of the world’s cocoa supply is contaminated with lead. This contamination occurs mainly during shipment and processing where the cocoa is exposed to fumes from engines burning leaded gasoline.
Upgraded™ Cacao Butter is processed, stored, and packaged using extremely careful methods to eliminate the risk of lead and other heavy metal contamination. Our beans never see the inside of container ships in giant burlap bags the way commodity beans do.
Antioxidant Super Food
Inflammation is known to negatively affect our health in many aspects. Upgraded Cacao Butter has high levels of naturally occurring antioxidant capacity and that may support in reducing reduce inflammation.
Upgraded™ Cacao Butter contains ingredients that when ingested may be a potent enough to help inflammation and resiliency.
How Upgraded™ Chocolate Betters Heart Health
Your heart is one of the organs most affected by inflammation, and dark chocolate is just as good for heart health as it is for Valentine’s Day. Studies show that eating dark chocolate can directly improve heart and vascular function.21 Dark chocolate can even help protect against some of the negative effects of smoking.
Consuming Upgraded™ Cacao Butter and other foods with high antioxidant content and low mycotoxin content can help boost the body’s ability to keep blood flowing healthfully so you can be and do more.
Why milk and white chocolate isn’t as good as Upgraded™ Chocolate
There is not, and never will be, a milk or white chocolate version of Upgraded™ Chocolate. To get the benefits of chocolate, it needs to be a high quality dark variety.
Milk and white chocolate are junk food. In fact, milk and white chocolate cancels out some of the
benefits of high quality chocolate powder. Consuming milk with chocolate or eating milk
chocolate reduces the flavonoid absorption from the chocolate powder. This largely negates any
benefit that you might get from eating dark
- Chocolate procyanidins decrease the leukotriene-prostacyclin ratio in humans and human aortic endothelial cells
- Is chocolate good for your heart? It depends
- Co-occurrence of ochratoxin a and aflatoxins in chocolate marketed in Brazil
- Impact of alkalization on the antioxidant and flavanol content of commercial cocoa powders
- Theobroma cacao L., "The food of the Gods": quality determinants of commercial cocoa beans, with particular reference to the impact of fermentation
- The microbiology of cocoa fermentation and its role in chocolate quality.
- Dynamics and biodiversity of populations of lactic acid bacteria and acetic acid bacteria involved in spontaneous heap fermentation of cocoa beans in Ghana.
- Species diversity, community dynamics, and metabolite kinetics of the microbiota associated with traditional ecuadorian spontaneous cocoa bean fermentations
- The effect of cocoa fermentation and weak organic acids on growth and ochratoxin A production by Aspergillus species
- Assessment of the yeast species composition of cocoa bean fermentations in different cocoa-producing regions using denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis
- Aflatoxigenic fungi and aflatoxin in cocoa
- Endophytic fungal diversity in Theobroma cacao (cacao) and T. grandiflorum (cupuaçu) trees and their potential for growth promotion and biocontrol of black-pod disease
- Botrytis fabiopsis, a new species causing chocolate spot of broad bean in central China
- Colletotrichum gloeosporioides s.l. associated with Theobroma cacao and other plants in Panama: multilocus phylogenies distinguish host-associated pathogens from asymptomatic endophytes
- Vascular Streak Dieback of cacao in Southeast Asia and Melanesia: in planta detection of the pathogen and a new taxonomy
- High gene flow and outcrossing within populations of two cryptic fungal pathogens on a native and non-native host in Cameroon
- Mycobiota of cocoa: from farm to chocolate.
- Microbiota dynamics and diversity at different stages of industrial processing of cocoa beans into cocoa powder
- Risk assessment of the mycotoxin ochratoxin A
- Risk assessment of ochratoxin A residues in food
- Mycotoxins in Agriculture and Food Safety
- Filamentous fungi producing ochratoxin a during cocoa processing in Cameroon
- Cocoa has more phenolic phytochemicals and a higher antioxidant capacity than teas and red wine
- Cacao seeds are a "Super Fruit": A comparative analysis of various fruit powders and products
- Does chocolate reduce blood pressure? A meta-analysis
- Effect of Dark Chocolate on Arterial Function in Healthy Individuals
- Plasma LDL and HDL cholesterol and oxidized LDL concentrations are altered in normo- and hypercholesterolemic humans after intake of different levels of cocoa powder
- Dark chocolate improves endothelial and platelet function
- Plasma antioxidants from chocolate
- Cocoa reduces blood pressure and insulin resistance and improves endothelium-dependent vasodilation in hypertensives
- Short-term administration of dark chocolate is followed by a significant increase in insulin sensitivity and a decrease in blood pressure in healthy persons
- Effect of Increasing Levels of Hard Wheat Fiber on Fecal Weight, Minerals and Steroids and Gastro intestinal Transit Time in Healthy Young Women
- Changes in arterial blood pressure of a soluble cocoa fiber product in spontaneously hypertensive rats
- Effects of regularly consuming dietary fibre rich soluble cocoa products on bowel habits in healthy subjects: a free-living, two-stage, randomized, crossover, single-blind intervention
- Decreased brain volume in adults with childhood lead exposure
- A stearic acid-rich diet improves thrombogenic and atherogenic risk factor profiles in healthy males
- Effects of fats and fatty acids on blood lipids in humans: an overview
## robots.txt for Magento Community and Enterprise ## GENERAL SETTINGS ## Enable robots.txt rules for all crawlers User-agent: * ## Crawl-delay parameter: number of seconds to wait between successive requests to the same server. ## Set a custom crawl rate if you're experiencing traffic problems with your server. # Crawl-delay: 30 ## DEVELOPMENT RELATED SETTINGS ## Do Not Crawl Trailing Slash urls Disallow: /*/ ## Do not crawl development files and folders: CVS, svn directories and dump files Disallow: /CVS Disallow: /*.svn$ Disallow: /*.idea$ Disallow: /*.sql$ Disallow: /*.tgz$ ## GENERAL MAGENTO SETTINGS ## Do not crawl Magento admin page Disallow: /admin/ ## Do not crawl common Magento technical folders Disallow: /app/ Disallow: /downloader/ Disallow: /errors/ Disallow: /includes/ Disallow: /lib/ Disallow: /pkginfo/ Disallow: /shell/ Disallow: /var/ ## Do not crawl common Magento files Disallow: /api.php Disallow: /cron.php Disallow: /cron.sh Disallow: /error_log Disallow: /get.php Disallow: /install.php Disallow: /LICENSE.html Disallow: /LICENSE.txt Disallow: /LICENSE_AFL.txt Disallow: /README.txt Disallow: /RELEASE_NOTES.txt ## MAGENTO SEO IMPROVEMENTS ## Do not crawl sub category pages that are sorted or filtered. Disallow: /*?dir* Disallow: /*?dir=desc Disallow: /*?dir=asc Disallow: /*?limit=all Disallow: /*?mode* ## Do not crawl 2-nd home page copy (example.com/index.php/). Uncomment it only if you activated Magento SEO URLs. ## Disallow: /index.php/ ## Do not crawl links with session IDs Disallow: /*?SID= ## Do not crawl checkout and user account pages Disallow: /checkout/ Disallow: /onestepcheckout/ Disallow: /customer/ Disallow: /customer/account/ Disallow: /customer/account/login/ ## Do not crawl search pages and not-SEO optimized catalog links Disallow: /catalogsearch/ Disallow: /catalog/product_compare/ Disallow: /catalog/category/view/ Disallow: /catalog/product/view/ ## Do not crawl hidden conference ticket products Disallow: /student-pass-special Disallow: /veteran-pass-special Disallow: /international-traveler-special Disallow: /child-pass-special Disallow: /coach-training-special Disallow: /complimentary-invite-a Disallow: /complimentary-invite-b Disallow: /complimentary-invite-d Disallow: /complimentary-invite-e Disallow: /complimentary-invite-m Disallow: /complimentary-invite-w Disallow: /camera-crew-pass Disallow: /bulletproof-staff-pass Disallow: /bulletproof-volunteer Disallow: /exhibitor-premium Disallow: /exhibitor-table Disallow: /exhibitor-vehicle Disallow: /exhibitor-x-large Disallow: /exhibitor-standard Disallow: /press-pass-special Disallow: /speaker-pass Disallow: /speaker-invitation-pass ## SERVER SETTINGS ## Do not crawl common server technical folders and files Disallow: /cgi-bin/ Disallow: /cleanup.php Disallow: /apc.php Disallow: /memcache.php Disallow: /phpinfo.php ## IMAGE CRAWLERS SETTINGS ## Extra: Uncomment if you do not wish Google and Bing to index your images # User-agent: Googlebot-Image # Disallow: / # User-agent: msnbot-media # Disallow: /dsg34twegs