Bulletproof Be the Proof Challenge Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE LIKELIHOOD OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who, at the time of entry, are the age of majority in their jurisdictions, excluding employees, directors or officers of the Sponsor, Administrator, its and their parent, affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, (the “Contest Entities”), and those who are immediate family members of and/or domiciled with any of the foregoing. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal and local laws and regulations and is void outside of the 50 US (D.C.) and where restricted or prohibited.
2. Contest Entities
Sponsor: Bulletproof, 1012 1st Ave #400, Seattle, WA 98104
Administrator: IZEA Worldwide, Inc., 501 North Orlando Avenue, Suite 313, PMB 247, Winter Park, Florida 32789
3. Contest Period. The “Contest Period” begins at 6:00:01 p.m. ET March 1, 2021 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET March 22, 2021. Only responses received during the Contest Period in compliance with the Rules will be eligible for the Contest. The Contest may be found by searching the Instagram hashtag page, available at https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/betheproofchallenge/(the “Website”), and locating a sponsored creator post with the tags #ad, #contest, #BeTheProofChallenge.
4. How to Enter
How to enter on Instagram
After locating a valid creator post on Instagram using the method described above, follow these steps:
- Read and agree to these full official Contest Rules
- Create your own Instagram Post in accordance with the guidelines below, and share a photo or video of you doing something that shows your passion, drive, dedication and tells the story of how you have tapped into your potential.
- Use #BeTheProofChallenge and #contest in your post and tag @Bulletproof so your entry is seen!
How to enter on Facebook
- Read and agree to these full official Contest Rules
- Create your own Facebook Post in accordance with the guidelines below, and share a photo or video of you doing something that shows your passion, drive, dedication and tells the story of how you have tapped into your potential.
- Use #BeTheProofChallenge and #contest in your post and tag @Bulletproof so your entry is seen!
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to the entry: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the entry; (b) the entry is entrant’s own creation; (c) entry does not contain material that (i) is false, inaccurate, misleading, inappropriate, threatening, harassing, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or libelous, (ii) disparages Sponsor or its products, any other companies or persons, or (iii) infringes on any rights of any third parties (including publicity and intellectual property rights); and (d) entry is in “good taste” and in keeping with the Sponsor’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Sponsor or Administrator, in their sole and absolute discretion.
5. Odds, Prizes. Subject to verification, and provided there are sufficient entrants, up to a total of five (5) eligible entrants will be selected to win the following:
Prize: Each winner will receive Bulletproof swag (ARV: $500), and funds to be used for your very own photoshoot ($500 USD) with selected images to be featured in this summer’s Be The Proof marketing campaign.
Total Approximate Retail Value of Each Prize (ARV): $1,000; Total ARV of All Prizes Available to be Won: $5,000. A substantial portion of the cash funds of $500 must be used to produce high-quality photoshoot images and videos, which will be owned by Sponsor and used in its marketing campaigns and promotions. Limit one Prize per Instagram or Facebook account and per person. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Prize is non-transferrable and cannot be redeemed for cash value. All applicable taxes on the Prize, if any, and any other costs not specifically stated herein are responsibility of the winner. For prizes valued over $600, prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. If potential winner does not wish to accept the prize, an alternate winner will be selected from the pool of eligible entrants.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if Prize or any part is not available. Sponsor will notify the potential winners by sending a direct message to discuss prize fulfillment. Winners must supply a valid email address in order to receive communications from Sponsor and Administrator. Please check your email and spam filters. All entries must be submitted from a valid Instagram or Facebook account that may be identified by reverse domain name search.
6. Selection of Winner(s). On or about April 2, 2021, after the end of the Contest Period, a panel consisting of representatives of Administrator and Sponsor will select up to five (5) verified winners whose entries best align with the following criteria, from among all valid entries received during the Contest Period:
Selection criteria will be as follows:
- 30% – Visual interest and quality of images or videos included in entry
- 25% – Originality of how the entrant represent the spirit of the “Be the Proof” messaging, and the inspirational quality of the entry
- 30% – Consistency of the entry with the brand’s character and tone and its fit with the theme of the “Be The Proof” campaign
- 15% – Genuine excitement for Bulletproof products
The potential winners will be contacted using the Instagram or Facebook account used to enter (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules). If potential winner does not reply to Administrator’s direct message within two (2) business days, his or her entry will be void and Administrator will have no further obligation to such potential winner and another potential winner will be selected. Administrator shall make a reasonable amount of attempts to award the Prizes. By entering this contest, you hereby consent to be contacted by Administrator and/or Sponsor for administration and fulfillment of this contest, and winners may be required, where legal, (i) to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, (ii) to submit to a background check, and, (iii) execute and return a publicity release to cover both the entry and the resulting videos and images from the photoshoot. Failure to return any or all documents as specified, a prize or prize notification being returned as undeliverable, or potential winner not complying with any term of these Official Rules, may result in disqualification, the prize being forfeited, and Administrator and Sponsor having no further obligation. An alternate winner will be randomly selected until all prizes are awarded provided there a sufficient number of eligible entries. Any and all guarantees and warranties on merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturers’ terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST.
7. Conditions and Release; Disputes.
By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, Administrator and Instagram and Facebook which are binding and final in all matters relating to this contest; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and Instagram/Facebook, and each of its and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the contest, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), misappropriation, false association, breach of contract, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, entrant agrees that, by entering the contest, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the contest, or any prize(s) awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
By entering this contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her entry, name, bio, city/state/country of residence, opinions, likeness, voice, photographs, videos, images or other recording of, or that may be taken of, the foregoing for Sponsor and/or its agent’s use to promote Sponsor or its campaign in any manner or media, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further notice, review, consent, or compensation.
All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering this contest, each entrant irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grants the Sponsor the exclusive right to use, publish, such entry in any way, in commerce, and in any media worldwide in any format (electronic, print, or other) and waives all of his or her rights, in and to the entry. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, inappropriate, inconsistent with Sponsor’s image as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Official Rules may be disqualified by the Sponsor. Sponsor takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this contest.
This contest will be administered in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor or Administrator as set forth herein. Entrants must comply with these Official Rules, and by participating in the contest will be deemed to have received and understood these Official Rules. All disputes arising out of or in connection with these Official Rules, a prize and/or the contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated with any claim or controversy of another party. This arbitration shall be conducted in Orange County, Florida, whose laws shall govern any disputes hereunder. For any matter not subject to arbitration as set forth above, entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to Orange County, Florida and to not raise the defense of forum non-conveniens.
9. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator assumes responsibility for failure of the internet or the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, pause, suspend or otherwise modify this Contest or its Rules, cancel any method of entry or void any entries submitted fraudulently should unauthorized human intervention, or other causes which would corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of this contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may elect to identify the winners and award the prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, or programming associated with or used in the contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the contest; (d) technical or human error, which may occur in the administration of the contest or the processing of entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR CONTESTS, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL ASSOCIATED WITH THE WEBSITE OR CONTEST, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
9. Winner’s List.For a list of winners, please send a self addressed stamped envelope postmarked by April 28, 2021 to: Bulletproof Contest Administrator, c/o IZEA Worldwide, Inc., 501 North Orlando Avenue, Suite 313, PMB 247, Winter Park, Florida 32789.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with Instagram or Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram or Facebook. ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR COMPLAINTS REGARDING THE CONTEST MUST BE DIRECTED TO THE ADMINISTRATOR AND NOT TO INSTAGRAM OR FACEBOOK.